Wednesday, November 28, 2012

BzzAgent: Burt's Bees Intense Hydration

BzzAgent


Over the recent years I have become rather fond of freebie, social marketing, and survey companies. What better way to discover a new product than to receive a product and try it out? BzzAgent is a Word of Mouth social marketing company that sends it's members campaign invitations if their survey results and profile information fit the criteria for that campaign. I have only been a member of BzzAgent since 6/28/2012 and have already been selected for five campaigns. It took about two months to get in on my first, but the small amount of time it takes to fill out the surveys is totally worth it. 

My first campaign was a trial and review of Glade Oil Diffusers and Glade Fragrance Mists. I was sent a campaign package that included coupons for a free oil diffuser starter kit, a free fragrance mist starter kit, and a coupon book full of coupons to share. The goal of the campaigns are to get members to try the product and share their reviews and thoughts through facebook, twitter, blogs, the bzzagent website, and face-to-face to bring awareness about the products. 

My other campaigns: 

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration (which I will review in this post)
Claritin-D - If I come down with a cold this winter, hopefully it will be within the next 40 days so I can post my review of this product
Afrin Stick Up For Yourself - Same as above. At least if I get a cold I will be well prepared!
Stella Artois - My BzzKit should show up in the mail any day with my Stella Artois Chalice. I am not normally a beer drinker but I will give it a try in my new chalice so I can post a good review.

If you are interested in trying new products and have a small amount of spare time to stay up to date with your surveys (they are quick and not that often after the first batch) and participate in the campaigns and share your reviews, this is a great company to try out. 

** Bonus: I literally just this second discovered that they have an App in the iTunes App Store for easier Bzz Reporting! 

Burt's Bee Intense Hydration



So first let me give you a little bit of background on my skin care routine prior to this campaign: pretty much non-existent. I have been blessed with clear skin that is generally easy to maintain. I wash my face with an exfoliating face wash in the shower in the morning and that is about it. I rarely use moisturizers because when I do for more than a day I will normally break out even with oil free moisturizers. I never take my makeup off before bed due to pure laziness and the desire to get to bed as quickly as possible. 

The Colorado dry weather was already starting to wreak havoc on my skin right around when my BzzKit was due to show up. I was anxiously watching the mail waiting for my package to arrive so I was ecstatic when it did. My kit came with a full size Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, a full size Intense Hydration Night Cream, a full size Intense Hydration Treatment Mask, and samples of Intense Hydration Day Lotion and Night Creams with $3 off coupons on the back.

After receiving my package I immediately tried out the cream cleanser followed by the treatment mask. I absolutely love the cream cleanser and have permanently switched out my old face wash for this. It is hydrating, leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and does a great job removing makeup. The treatment mask was not my cup of tea. I didn't particularly like how my skin felt after using the mask. I'm sure it works great but I would rather just use the cleanser and lotions. When I do manage to wash my face in the evening (not often enough) I use the cleanser followed by the night cream. As I mentioned before, I now use the cream cleanser every morning in the shower followed by the day lotion. Since I first started using the products about a month ago I have not seen a single blemish on my skin! I give this line a giant gold star!

A few random facts about the Intense Hydration line:

These products contain Clary Sage which is a plant that has the ability to "trap and retain moisture" (from http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-care-intense-hydration/).

These products have a nice, light smell that reminds me a bit of watermelon.

They are Burt's Bees products so they are Natural Products! No need to worry about saturating your skin with harsh, synthetic chemicals!

If you have any questions about my campaign or about BzzAgent, ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment