Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wine Cork Creations

Now that Christmas has come and gone and all the gifts have been given, I would like to share some of my Pinterest inspired gifts!

One of my dad's hobbies is wine making and my parents love wine. We went to a wine tasting a few months ago and my mom was admiring all of the wine cork creations that were out and about in the winery so I knew she would appreciate some homemade wine cork gifts.

Inspired by the Rudolph ornament from The Homeless Finch blog are my little Rudolph ornaments made of wine corks, flat eye ball things, felt for the antlers, ears, and tails, red bells for the noses, red ribbon, and a lot of hot glue and love! 

 

The big present that I was super proud of and knew my mom would absolutely love was this wine cork wreath:


It took hours and hours and a boat load of hot glue sticks, but it turned out perfect. Plus it is made out of their old wine corks! It now proudly hangs in my mom's new sun room. 

The last wine cork creations that were given were wine cork coasters! These were the hardest to make by far. If you have ever tried to cut a wine cork in half, neatly down the middle, you know what I'm talking about. I had some serious blisters afterward. I used sandpaper to clean them up and hot glued them to some tiles from Lowe's. I think they turned out really well.




No comments:

Post a Comment